Here are the next few books for our group:For August and September:
On the Origin of Species, 2nd edition, by Charles Darwin. I have the Oxford World Classics publication, which contains good forematter about the various editions and a timeline of Darwin's life, plus a bibliography. I found it at B&N. I'll talk to them about stocking it. Read through chapter 7 for August, and chapter 8 to the end for September.
For October:
Finding Fault in California: An Earthquake Tourist's Guide by Susan Elizabeth Hough This book reads like a tour guide-turned-adventure-novel. Is anyone interested in taking a field trip to the San Andreas Fault? We'll plan for it. (Of course, you can take one of the Museum's field trips with our Geologists and enjoy a leader with a geologist's knowledge and experience; check it out at http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/museum/pdf/20090616_sbcm_2009_10_calendar.pdf )
No comments:
Post a Comment
We appreciate your input. Visit and comment often!